Let me start this post with a simple question. Isn’t it really cool to get Verified on Facebook with a blue tick ✔ right after your name? Most of You might be here so that they can get a verified blue tick mark after their name. If so you are in the right place. I will be helping you with getting the blue tick verified mark after your Facebook Page or Profile. Let’s start with the basics before going into How to Get Verified on Facebook.
Why does Facebook Verifies Profile and Pages?
Facebook Verification may look like a cool and very interesting feature not only for fun also for show-off. But the main reason behind Facebook Verified Blue Tick is to make people know that the profile or the page is authentic and genuine. As a brand or a public figure gets popular the influencing power of the person also increases. Due to which many people create Facebook profiles or Pages and posting stuff pretending to be the Brand or the Influencer. They pretend to be the Brand or influencer in such a way that it is really hard to find if they are not genuine. Due to which Facebook discovered a way to make people know that if the Profile or Facebook Page is authentic.
Kinds of Verification Badge Facebook Offers
Looking at a few years back Facebook has two kinds of Verification Badge that Facebook Offers. The badge is of two colors Grey and Blue. In which the Grey Verification Badge is given to business pages. Due to this reason, the Grey Badge was confusing to the Facebook Users. Facebook stopped giving Grey Tick Verification Badge and started giving Blue Verification Tick Badge for all the Verified Profile and Pages.
Requirements for Your Facebook Profile and Page to be Verified
Here in this section, I will be sharing with you guys what are the basic things that you need to have before you apply for your Profile or Page Verification. Be sure you have all the requirements checked before you apply or else you will receive a message from Facebook Saying “We encourage you to continue growing your public presence and reapply in 30 days.“.
- Your Profile or Page must contain the Profile Picture and About Section With Your Correct Information.
- Your account or Page Must be active also must represent a particular person or a business your page is about.
- The entity or the person whose Profile or Page is must be featured in a magazine or media.
- The Entity or the Person must be well known and popular among the people. This totally depends on the fan following and Services of the Person and the Entity.
Steps of Getting Your Facebook Profile or Page Verified
Now after you have clear the doubt about the requirement for your Facebook Profile and Page to be Verified. Let’s get into the step-by-step procedure to achieve the Blue Tick Button after Your Profile or Page.
- Go to the official page of Facebook for verification from the link.
- Select whether you have to verify Page or Profile.
- If it is a page select it from the drop-down whereas if it is Profile be sure to paste your profiles link in the box.
- Select the Category and the Country Name.
- Now you have to upload the scanned copy of the National ID.
- After all the things above are done you have to let Facebook know why do you think it is required to verify your Page or Profile.
- Then you can also link your other social media presence link to help facebook know how popular and well-known person or Entity you are.
- After everything is done you will get a reply from Facebook within 30 days.
Reason Your Profile or Page Can’t Be Verified
If everything is good it is sure that your Facebook Profile or the Page will get a Blue Verified Tick. The only few reasons that can’t be verified are if you are not that much popular. So to ignore it be sure to give all your social profile links. If you are not eligible for the verification you will receive a mail and a message from Facebook with reason itself as shown in the picture below.
If you have any query related to the topic of verifying your Facebook Profile or Page then you can ask me that in the comment section below. Also if I find any important updates about the topic I will update the post and let you guys know about it. So be sure to turn the notification on for the page.